WFD006 Flames Fire water transfer film process
Step 1: Preparation
Sanding with sandpaper P200-P400 Wetly (Sanding remove old clear coat, best if remove all the old paint), then clean the surface and sundry.
Step 2: Primer
- 2K04 Surfacer : Spray 2-3 thin layers, each layer interval 5-8 minutes. Air-dry for 2 hour before next step.
- UCH210 Surfacer : spray 2-3 thin layers, each layer interval is 3-5 minutes. Air-dry for 30 minutes before next step.
Step 3: Primer Smoothness
If 2K04 Surfacer is used, after the primer dried, use P400 –P1000 sandpaper to sand smooth wetly, and then clean the surface and sundry.
(tips: while sanding the sound of sanding got lower when it is become finer)
Step 4: Undercoat/ Color Enhancer
Spray 2-3 thin layers of 2/102 White, each layer 3-5 minutes interval (or longer depending on weather conditions)
Step 5: Color coat
Spray 2-3 thin layers of Selected color, 3-5 minutes interval (or longer depending on weather conditions), best color for flame is yellow
Step 6: Preparetion
Prepare a bucket of clean water with the same size as the item to be immersed in the film
Step 7: Size cutting
Measure and cut the film equal to the surface of the product to be embedded, cut 4 pcs masking tape 4 corner to prevent the film rolling back together.
Step 8: Placing the film on the water
- Touch the 2 sides of the film with wet finger in the corner of the film sticky side face to water.
- During the process of spreading the film into the water, if bubbles appear, use your DRY fingers to gently push the air bubbles out.
Step 9: Activate
Spray WF05 Water transfer film activator to activate the film, spray 1-2 thin layers evenly on the surface.
Step 10: Dip
Dip the product at an angle of 30-40 degrees from the water surface and slowly and evenly dip it to let the paint layer gradually adhere to the material. and let dry for 15-30 minute
Step 11: Cleaning
Clean the sticky content from the surface with water rub with bare hand. (Do not use sponge or sand paper) Let dry 30minute.
Step 12: Final Glossy Coat
- K1K Clear : Spray 3-4 thin layers, each layer is 3-5 minutes interval (the last layer is sprayed slowly and evenly to make the paint flatten and glossy), do not drying or spray painting directly under the sun.
- 2K01 Clear : Spray 3-4 thin layers, each layer is 5-8 minutes interval (each layer interval must not longer than 10 minute) (the last layer is sprayed slowly and evenly to make the paint layer flatten and glossy), do not drying or spray painting directly under the sun.